xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Definition of $has metagraph predicate

Dear all,

I think we all agree on the following claim: "The $has metagraph
predicate describes the relationship between a node and an outgoing
arc in the XDI RDF graph".

Unless I really did not understand what you want to do, I cannot see
how metagraph statements could exist without the graph they describe.

Therefore, to me the following statements are all valid:

#1:        +x/$has/+y        INFERS:

             +y/$is$has/+x
             +x+y/$is$a/+y
             +y/$a/+x+y
             +x+y
             +x/+y

The corollary is also true, i.e.:

#1A:     +x+y                 INFERS

             +x/$has/+y
             +y/$is$has/+x
             +x+y/$is$a/+y
             +y/$a/+x+y
             +x/+y

To summarize my position:

-I agree with Bill when he says "I think $has must infer a
minCardinality of 1"

-I disagree with Drummond and Bill on the FULLY associativity of $has.
An explanation of why is reported here:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201001/msg00014.html
(and in the following of this thread).

Since $has is the pillar of our specs, I would suggest these actions:

- create a summary of the two (or three) models under discussion.
- encourage members of the TC to discuss this topic
- open a poll and record decisions

Kind Regards,
Giovanni