xdi message

Subject: Example PDX XDI Document

XDI TC Members,

I just posted to the XDI TC wiki an example XDI document illustrating a number of key patterns for the PDX (personal data exchange) dialect of XDI.

  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/PdxExample

The PDX dialect has been evolving out of work Markus Sabadello, Joseph Boyle, Paul Trevithick, and myself have been doing to meet different PDX use cases, for example a global social address book that is based on XDI-interlinked PDS (personal data stores).

Each of the key patterns in the example document is documented in the sections that follow the example. A section for comments/questions is at the end; please do post thoughts/issues there.

Those of us attending Internet Identity Workshop in Mountain View this week have been actively discussing these examples; implementation efforts on the PDX dialect are already underway. Due to the IIW schedule, we won't be holding an XDI TC telecon this week, but feel free to post thoughts/questions to the mailing list; this should give us a rich set of topics for future calls.

=Drummond