xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] CORRECTED Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2:00PM PT2010-12-09

Sorry Drummond, still some confusion I think..

>>> Giovanni pointed out that it one key semantic difference is the scope of
>>> the
>>> assertion about the property. In both diagram, the scope of the property
>>> +age is =abc. On the left diagram the scope of the property $d of the
>>> property +age is strictly within the context of =abc. On the right
>>> diagram,
>>> the scope of property $d is strictly in the context of =abc+age, i.e.
>>> exactly  =abc's +age (and not e.g. =xyz+age).
>>>

>> In the RIGHT diagram, the scope of the property +age is =abc; in the LEFT
>> diagram, the scope of the property +age$d (and NOT +age) is =abc.
>>
>> Do you agree?
>>

> Giovanni, you are correct. Ironic that we were all staring at the minutes in
> Idearpad and no one saw this. Good catch!
>
> I'll issue corrected minutes.
>
> =Drummond

I propose a simpler correction:

"Giovanni pointed out that it one key semantic difference is the scope
of the assertion about the properties.

On the LEFT diagram, the scope of both properties +age and +age$d is =abc.
On the RIGHT diagram the scope of the property +age is =abc; and the
scope of the property $d is =abc+age."

Is this ok with you?

Kind Regards,
Giovanni

Def. Quota "Drummond Reed" <drummond.reed@xdi.org>:

> SEE THE CORRECTION MARKED ^^^^^^^^^^ BELOW

Invito da parte dell'Ateneo:
Il tuo futuro e quello della Ricerca Scientifica hanno bisogno del
tuo aiuto. Dona il  5 x mille all'Universita' di Roma Tor Vergata
codice fiscale: 80213750583 http://5x1000.uniroma2.it

single-valued-property-example.png