xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Groups - xdi-graph-wrapping-up-v2.doc uploaded

I agree with everything in this document, but want to note something about the convention used for literal XRIs.

The following, =abc+age/$d/“2010-09-20T10:11:12Z”, is not a valid XRI unless things have changed, due to the quote characters.  The way I have been dealing with this is that XRIs that represent literals are data URI xrefs, like so:
=abc+age/$d/“2010-09-20T10:11:12Z” converts to...
=abc+age/$d/(data:text/plain;base64,MjAxMC0wOS0yMFQxMDoxMToxMlo=)

That said, I'd recommend a statement in the specs that all XDI parsers MUST transparently convert the form using double quotes to the XRI/URI compliant form, for the purposes of readability and adoption.

Kind regards,

Bill Barnhill
From: giovanni.bartolomeo@uniroma2.it [giovanni.bartolomeo@uniroma2.it]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:29 AM
To: xdi@lists.oasis-open.org

.doc version with some corrections added

 -- Giovanni Bartolomeo

The document revision named xdi-graph-wrapping-up-v2.doc has been submitted
by Giovanni Bartolomeo to the OASIS XRI Data Interchange (XDI) TC document
repository.  This document is revision #1 of notes on the global
graph.pdf.

Document Description:
An informal note containing a brief but accurate explanation of my
viewpoint on the main global graph concepts. Backward compatibility with
RDF is highlighted and explained whenever it occurs.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=40874

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40874/xdi-graph-wrapping-up-v2.doc

Revision:
This document is revision #1 of notes on the global graph.pdf.  The
document details page referenced above will show the complete revision
history.

-OASIS Open Administration