xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Friday 2014-06-20

XDI TC Minutes

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Friday, 20 June 2014 USA
Time:  09:00AM - 10:30AM Pacific Time (16:00-17:30 UTC)

ATTENDING

Hubert Le Van Gong
Joseph Boyle
William Dyson
Markus Sabadello

GUESTS

Eno Jackson

REGRETS

Peter Davis
Drummond Reed

NEWS & UPDATES

None scheduled.

PRESENTATIONS/DISCUSSIONS

Preparation for RN launch

Current status of XDI specs, implementation, tools, etc.

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiOneSpecs

https://github.com/OASIS-XDI-Technical-Committee/xdi-spec-docbook

During the call we created an overview of XDI resources that exist right now for newcomers, and discussed a few steps to improve those resources.

Code:

- XDI2 Java

  - http://github.com/projectdanube/xdi2

  - http://xdi2.projectdanube.org

- xdi.js _javascript_ (not complete)

  - https://github.com/projectdanube/xdi-js

  - http://xdi-js.projectdanube.org

- Neustar Graph Editor

  - https://github.com/neustar/xdi-grapheditor

  - http://neustar.github.io/xdi-grapheditor/xdi-grapheditor/public_html/index.html

- Meeco XDI Rest Wrapper

  - https://github.com/Meeco/rest-xdi

Wikipedia

- XDI (not up to date)

- Should have links to XDI-based projects, codebases, etc

OASIS TC

- https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xdi

- “External Resources” section needs more information

XDI.org

- http://xdi.org/ (some parts missing)

- http://xdi.org/technical-specs/: update to point to oasis specs

- Menu:

  * About XDI.org

  * Community Services

  * XDI Specs (single item, instead of "XDI Technical" drop-down)

  * XDI Tutorial (currently: "Learning XDI")

  * Blog

- Should have links to XDI-based projects, codebases, etc

Tutorials

- http://tutorial.xdi.org/ (incomplete)

Specs

- https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiOneSpecs

Respect Network:

- http://info.respectnetwork.com/xdi/

Spec variable format convention

The question has come up how “spec variables” (not the same as “XDI variables”) should be written.

Example of old approach:

<--from-peer-->/$set/<--from-->[$msg]<--msg-id-->

Example of proposed new approach:

%FROM-PEER/$set/%FROM[$msg]%MSG-ID

We discussed the two approaches for “spec variables” during the call. The general consensus seemed to be to not make any change and keep the old approach.

Notation shift

Continue to discuss the notation shift, see minutes from last week:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201406/msg00034.html

We briefly discussed the notation shift during the call and looked at a few example statement before and after the shift.

XDI signatures

Continue to discuss Peter’s updated XDI signature proposal:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201405/msg00030.html

We did not have time to discuss this topic.

NEXT CALL

The next call is next week at the regular time.