Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] Localizable <group>

Hi Zartaj,

I'm not sure if I understand the question completely, but maybe the example
below will help you. One several of us have been outputing the information
of the DIALOG resource in XLIFF is to use a <trans-unit> (the first one in
the group. Where we put also the caption text.

<group id='1' restype='dialog' coord="20;15;200;70">
 <trans-unit id='2'>
  <source xml:lang='en'>Caption in English</source>
  <target xml:lang='ja' coord="25;20;200;70">Caption in Japanese</target>
 </trans-unit>
</group>

At some point (hopefully soon) the TC will come up with 'profiles':
guidelines on how to represent various formats in XLIFF. There has been some
basic work on this already. You can find it here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200207/msg00004.html But that is
just some ideas, nothing official yet.

For a live example, try to run the small Alignment utility here:
http://dotnet.goglobalnow.net/Alignment.aspx. If you give it a source RC
file (Source File field) and its translated version (Target File field), you
should get the XLIFF of the aligned file, with different coordinates, font,
etc. for the target entries. Again, that's just one possible way to do this,
but it may give you some direction.

Hope this helps.
-yves