Subject: XLIFF 1.2 Errata: Tool element

Hi all,

While I'm at it, I'll report this as well:

The <tool> element is defined as:
     Zero, one or more non-XLIFF elements.

The schema definition is:

<xsd:element name="tool">
  <xsd:complexType mixed="true">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:any namespace="##any" processContents="strict" minOccurs="0"
            maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
    ... attributes ...
  </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

Notice:
1) the mixed="true" attribute which doesn't belong there, unless the
specification definition is changed to mention this to be consistent
with other similar elements. I suggest removing the mixed attribute,
as this only requires a schema change.
2) the namespace="##any" attribute. This should be namespace="##other"
to be consistent with the rest of the specification...

This issue has been briefly raised before [1]. However, it is still an
unresolved issue, as the schema doesn't behave in accordance to the
specification. It will cause implementers pain in the future if not
mentioned in a 1.2 errata or fixed...

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200610/msg00010.html

cheers,
asgeir

--
Asgeir Frimannsson
PhD Candidate

Phone: (+61) 7 3138 9332 Mob: (+61) 405 412 696
Email: asgeirf@gmail.com