Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] XLIFF 2.0 Core finished?

The original XLIFF that Swordfish creates doesn't have <target> elements. Users can add them at a later time as you did.

> The bottom line is that one or more attributes are the only way to indicate
> what exactly is in <target>.
>
> In 1.2 none of those attributes were required nor had default values, which
> make many valid 1.2 files difficult to interpret.

As I said before, that is not a problem with the specification. It is a problem with tools and how they are used.

> We simply need to come up with a good set of attributes/values and
> processing expectations in 2.0 to reflect the different states of the segments'
> translation.

The set included in XLIFF 1.2 was good enough for most cases. Perhaps XLIFF 2.0 should make them mandatory.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com