Subject: Re: [xliff-comment] csprd01-17: Structure and Structural Elements: <sm> <em> justification

Hi Yves,

Sorry for being late with my answer. I was on travel which also included spreading the word of XLIFF and ITS in the BPM and BI communities.

Well, here are some suggestions for improving the annotation description plus some further ideas and questions for clarifying and/or streamlining the attributes.

******
Description proposal:

SEGMENTATION EXAMPLE (see specifications)

It is strongly recommended to use this mechanism instead of introducing custom attributes to accomplish a similar behavior with a series of <mrk> elements.

******

Attributes with additonal clarifications and questions:

id -- annotation identifier that is always mandatory

******

I hope that these suggestions will improve the readability of the specification, and make things a bit clearer for those who want to deploy XLIFF.

Cheers -- Jörg