Subject: 1.16 Inline codes should have a way to store information about the effect on the segmentation

Hi all,

1.16 is the last requirement we have not started to discuss.

"Inline codes should have a way to store information about the effect on the segmentation
As some inline codes may have an effect on the segmentation of a given content, it is useful if segmentation-specific hints could be stored along with an inline code.
For example: In HTML a <BR> element indicates a forced line break, while a <B>...</B> element should not affect the segmentation."

I can think of a simple way to fill that requirement:

In the list of pre-defined values for the type attribute of the given inline code we should include a few that corresponds to think like forced line-break. Basically the same as in 1.2 where type='lb' was indicating this.

Or we could have a new separate attribute that would just indicate the inline code possibly denotes the end of a segment: break='yes'. this would allow even custom type of inline codes to provide that information.

Any thoughts?
-yves