Subject: RE: [xliff-inline] Type of inline codes - ballot

> The <ph> is missing from option b's wording.
> I think is best to write it out in the ballot text.

Good point Fredrik.
How about this:

----------

How should inline codes should be represented. Essentially this is to decide if span-like code can be represented with span-like element in XLIFF 2.0. In addition this also decides if sc/ec should be a special case of ph.

a) ph, pc, sc, ec:
ph for placeholder codes (e.g <br>)
pc for well-formed span-like codes (e.g <b>...<.b>)
sc/ec for span-like codes that are not well-formed.

b) ph, sc, ec:
ph for placeholder codes (e.g <br>)
sc/ec represent all span-like codes (well-formed and not well-formed), no pc

c) ph, pc:
ph for placeholder codes (e.g <br>) and for not-well-formed span-like codes (no sc/ec)
pc for well-formed span-like codes (e.g <b>...<.b>)

d) ph:
everything is represented with ph