xliff-omos message

Subject: Meeting 12th April - doesn't count towards voters eligibility

Hi all,

today we haven't reached quorum so we had just a brief informal technical discussion.
We had regrets from Loic and Chase
In the call we had Soroush, Ryan, Yves, Phil, and myself.

We reviewed the diagram posted by Lucian
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201604/msg00000/xliff_2.0_linear.png

We confirmed that we are happy with the fully linear modeling of inline content in the class diagram.
Also we confirmed that it is preferable to have a separate class table for original data.
Rationale:
1) It doesn't need to be the same as equiv
2) it can be reused

We noticed that the diagram omits the recursive groups structure.
We agreed that it indeed is an omission as the role of the group element in XLIFF is not XML specific. It rather serves for representing source document structure and as such needs to be represented in the OM.

Yves also noted that the diagram should deal with Module and Extension representations.

WRT FEISGILTT in Dublin, we noted that critical mass of XLIFF OMOS members should be present onsite and hence we will try and have a working meeting of XLIFF OMOS
Peple who  are sure to attend:
Phil, dF, Soroush, Loic,
people likely to attend
Felix, Chase, Kevin, Ryan

AIs:
AI Lucian, Patrik: new iteration of the class diagram with representation of grouping

AI Lucian, Patrick: new diagram with tables for module and extension elements at extension points and with arrays for module and extended attributes on attribute only extension points.

AI dF: start developing simple prose description of the object model based on the current / to be updated diagram

AI: all, experiment with JSON serialization of the diagram model
AI: all, experiment also with other serializations such as Google protobuff, RDF etc.

AI Ryan: Get back to Yves on the mailing list
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff-omos/email/archives/201604/msg00005.html

AI dF: Post logistics for the Dublin meeting
AI dF: ask secretaries to chair XLIFF OMOS meeting on 26th April (dF won't be available due to travel)

Thanks for your attention
dF

Dr. David Filip
OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Chair
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122