xliff-promotion message

Subject: Segmentation boundary marker

Hi all,

I posed the question about existing characters that might fill the role of the SEGMENTATION BOUNDARY on the Unicore list. There was quite a bit of discussion about options and I get the sense that there would be opposition to adding a new character to support segmentation. But Mark Davis suggested using U+2063 (INVISIBLE SEPARATOR) for this purpose. I actually think this may be the best solution since it does not incur the overhead of adding a new character and the semantics seem to be a reasonable fit:

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2063/index.htm

It is also relatively unlikely to occur in most running text we deal with.

Any thoughts?

-Arle