Subject: [xliff] minutes of the XLIFF TC meeting held on 21/1/03

 Hi all,

The minutes of the XLIFF TC meeting held on 21/1/03 are below.

Peter.

1/ Attendance: JonathanTony, Mark, Christian,  Bryan, Mat, Peter, Gerard,  Mirek, Enda, Yves, Doug, David, Shigemichi

Apologies: Milan

2/ Minutes of the last meeting was read and agreed. Proposed by David and seconded by Enda.

3/ Reformat
This discussion began with Mat outlining what his proposal was.
There was a debate on the effect of introducing this proposal on backward and forward compatability. Views were expressed about the effect these changes would have and how tools would deal with them.

Tony outlined that there were three options. Mat's options 1 & 2 and Doug's Options. Mat suggested there were in fact four and the fourthwas similar to option 2 except that the children of the source element would be inserted before the text content
We had a round robin vote to find the favourite option and had the following result:
Option 2 - 12 votes
Option 3 - 3 votes
Option 4 - 2 votes
There were 2 votes expressing no preferences.
It was noted that Option 2 was the clear favourite.

It was decided that we would do the following:
Mat will write up four options and send them to the group.
Any reservations by TC members should be expressed before the next meeting. It was suggested that John in particular might want to comment on this.
We will decide on this at our next meeting.

4/ Defaults
There was no more attributes values for default.
Mark proposed and Gerard seconded that we close this issue.

5/ Schedule of remaining work
The list of attributes has to be reviewed next week.

6/ Next Meeting January 28th same time.

Peter Reynolds, Software Development Manager
Bowne Global Solutions, formerly Berlitz GlobalNET
3, West Pier Business Campus, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353-1-202-1280
Fax: +353-1- 202-1299
peter.Reynolds@bowneglobal.ie
Web Site: http//www.bowneglobal.com