Subject: [xliff] Update

Hi all,

1-- Updated specification, schema and test file are attached. The main
modification is the fix of the definition of the type for the 'purpose'
attribute. Since it was impossible to use a list to mix pre-define and
user-defined values, Bryan worked on a regular expression, so 'purpose' is
now defined through a pattern and it work with XSV, XMLSpy and MS XSD
Validator (not a small achievement: Thanks Bryan).

2-- Last meeting we talked about removing the guidelines about using
lowercase values for attributes. The first paragraph of section D.2. As it
is part of the 1.0 specification we probably need to vote to make it
happend.

3-- One little (but important) point about the extension points in the
schema: They are currently set as '##other', which means "Any well-formed
XML that is not from the target namespace of the type being defined" (thus,
non XLIFF). Christian remineded me that a while back, there was a discussion
about replacing this by '##any', which means "Any well-formed XML from any
namespace" (thus, including XLIFF itself). The rational was that we may want
give users a possiblity to use XLIFF data categories in a non-standard
context. See the W3C documents for more information on namespaces at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#nsTable. Input on this would be welcome.

4-- As per yesterday discussion it seems that some of us assume the
'context-type' attribute can take several values (like 'purpose'). There is
no information about this is the current specifications and the current
schema doesn't allow this. If it's the case, the schema needs to be adapted
and use a pattern like for 'purpose'. When reading the specifications keep
in mind that if the description of the attribute does not mention the values
can be used in combination it means the schema does not allow combination.
Let me know where else there is a discripancy like for 'context-type'.

kenavo,