Subject: RE: [xliff] Re: XLIFF 1.1 Specification Working Draft 14 - RC 5

Tony,

The specification is very nice. I have just a couple comments.

2.4 Inline Elements
"These paired elements are related via their rid attributes."

I'm not sure how to use the rid attribute. Is the rid attribute set to the
value of the id attribute in the corresponding element? An example would be
very helpful.

2.5.2 Adding Attributes
In the example, the <trans-unit id> attributes all have the value '1'. They
should be different. Actually, I recommend that they be optional rather than
required.

SAMPLE

Sample_AlmostEverything.xlf fails validation (using XML Spy 4.4).

There are several places where the <note> element is not followed by a
<group>, <trans-unit> or <bin-unit> element.

<note xml:lang="en-us" priority="1" from="String">String</note>

Regards,

Doug Domeny
Software Analyst

Ektron, Inc.