Subject: RE: [xliff] XLIFF 1.2 Draft

Title: Message
Hi Tony,

> There's a section at the end of the spec that iterates
> through all the modification since last spec...
Ah, very good.  I skipped this part.  This is very useful.

I forgot to comment on the fact that you included a DTD version of the 1.2 Schema.  I know many people are comfortable with DTDs (myself included).  But I think it might be a big mistake to include the DTD.  Much of the strength of the specification cannot be supported or enforced with a DTD.  DTDs cannot support strong Type definitions.  DTDs cannot (effectively) support extensibility, or namespaces.  DTDs do not support the distinctions we make between strict, lax, and skip when it comes to namespaces and extension points. Etc.,

I think it's nice that you did the extra work to create the DTD, but I think we shouldn't include it.

Thanks again for doing all this,