Subject: RE: [xliff] RE: "none of the market leader TenT companies has signed on to the XLIFF standard "

Hi Mary,

Thanks for this. I think Rodolfo has given some very good reasons why we
might be interested in doing this. What is the policy you are referring
to? Is there some document on this? I think it makes sense for us to
discuss this further and come to a conclusion on how we should proceed.

Thanks,

Peter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary McRae [mailto:marypmcrae@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mary McRae
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 11:25 PM
To: 'Tony Jewtushenko'; Peter Reynolds; 'Rodolfo M. Raya';
xliff@lists.oasis-open.org; jamie.clark@oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [xliff] RE: "none of the market leader TenT companies has
signed on to the XLIFF standard "

Hi all,

  Just chiming in -- any submission to any other Standards Organization
*must*
be done via OASIS and not by members of the TC. There is a Policy
(Liaison) that
talks about this, including (OASIS) Board approval.

  If you think XLIFF is ready to go to ISO then may I suggest you review
the
policy and then we can set up a call to discuss and walk through the
various
steps? I'd be happy to arrange a call whenever you're ready!

Best regards,

Mary

ISO.