Subject: RE: [xliff] TMX 2.0 does not have an inline element to storecontent? (RE: [xliff] Wiki Document related to "Generic Inline Markup")

Hi Rodolfo,

> This markup requires 8 inline tags with nesting.
> Too many tags. This is not practical because
> nested tags complicate editing

> I prefer to deal with just 2 inline tags,
> one to indicate where formatting starts and
> another one to mark where it ends.

I guess complexity and comfort depend on what tools a developer uses. Dealing with nesting is not that complicated in my world.  I like to process XML source with XML tools.  That way I stand a better chance of not breaking things (or accidentally rendering XML to be malformed). It would be easy enough to write a perl script to turn fake markup into markup. But the risk is that the start and end gets miscalculated or separated.  That's what I consider complicated and not practical.

So I guess the question is, are we creating these standards for people with your taste, or people with my taste, or both?  If the answer is both, then not supporting the option I so strongly advocate for is probably a mistake.