Subject: metadata and XLIFF

Dear XLIFF TC members,

I would like to keep you abreast of a metadata initiative which I am responsible of in the terms of the CNGL (Centre for Next Generation Localisation) project, where the LRC and three other universities of Ireland are partners. I don’t know if it is appropriate or have time to discuss it in the meeting tomorrow, but I would be glad if you give me your opinions about how you imagine XLIFF version(s) in 2-3 years in relation to metadata. Do you have any specifications? Will it include rich, explicit and flexible metadata? How will this metadata help the whole workflow?

Thank you a million in advance.

Kind regards,

Dimitra

Dimitra Anastasiou

Post-doc Researcher at the Localisation Research Centre

www.d-anastasiou.com