Subject: RE: [xliff] FW: [tcmembers] DocBook Specification environment

Hi Mary,

Thanks for letting us know. I kind of had that feeling by watching the DITA email threads. I love Docbook and DITA equally (just like I say to my kids). So perhaps we start with Docbook for now, with an option to transition to DITA as its tool matures (just my take - other opinions are welcome).

From: Mary McRae [mailto:marypmcrae@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mary McRae
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 1:39 PM
To: Schnabel, Bryan S
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Bryan,

  I wholeheartedly endorse the DocBook toolkit. DITA is not yet baked into an easy-to-use package; the TC had to do much hard work and still does some things in an 'un-standard' way which I would not endorse.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.