Subject: Re: [xliff] Simplified XLIFF element tree

  Hi Everyone,

I completely agree. We always pre-segment so out <trans-unit> elements
each hold a segment. We use the <group> element to signify the higher
level at which segmentation has taken place, e.g.:

<group id="4">
<trans-unit id="t5" resname="p" translate="yes" xml:space="default">
<source>When a user logs out of the <g
                             id="i2">XTM</g> Client, the Client clears
the <g
                             id="i3">UserName</g> and <g
id="i4">Password</g> property of the application.</source>
<target>When a user logs out of the <g
                             id="i2">XTM</g> Client, the Client clears
the <g
                             id="i3">UserName</g> and <g
id="i4">Password</g> property of the application.</target>
</trans-unit>
<trans-unit id="t6" resname="p" translate="yes" xml:space="default">
<source>The application will respond to the associated <g
                             id="i5">PasswordChange</g> event by
checking the values of the <g
                             id="i6">UserName</g> and <g
id="i7">Password</g>.</source>
<target>The application will respond to the associated <g
                             id="i5">PasswordChange</g> event by
checking the values of the <g
                             id="i6">UserName</g> and <g
id="i7">Password</g>.</target>
</trans-unit>
<trans-unit id="t7" resname="p" translate="yes" xml:space="default">
<source>If these are empty, the application will log out.</source>
<target>If these are empty, the application will log out.</target>
</trans-unit>
</group>

Best Regards,

AZ

On 23/08/2010 10:49, Rodolfo M. Raya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I like the idea of further simplification. The elements that Yves removed can be left away.

> Regards,
> Rodolfo
> --
> Rodolfo M. Raya<rmraya@maxprograms.com>
> Maxprograms      http://www.maxprograms.com

email - azydron@xtm-intl.com
smail - c/o Mr. A.Zydron
	PO Box 2167
         Gerrards Cross
         Bucks SL9 8XF
	United Kingdom
Mobile +(44) 7966 477 181
FAX    +(44) 1753 480 465
www - http://www.xtm-intl.com

the individual named.  If you are not the named addressee you may not
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify the sender
delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification
is required please request a hard-copy version. Unless explicitly stated
otherwise this message is provided for informational purposes only and
will not be construed as a solicitation or offer.

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Andrzej Zydro=C5=84
n;quoted-printable:Zydro=C5=84;Andrzej
email;internet:azydron@xml-intl.com