Subject: RE: [xliff] Simplified XLIFF element tree

> You can create an unsegmented XLIFF and put all
> elements that hold unsegmented text together. Later,
> add the corresponding <group> elements at the end of
> the file. All you need is something that associates

Indeed, we can do a lot of things with XML. But in our case putting related data in different places in the document may not be very helpful for stream-based processing.

It seems it would be simpler to have one element for each extracted unit, and the un/segmented information inside that element: Any type of parser can access all of it at once, no need for linking or other extra mechanism; finding/fixing/editing files is easier; etc.