Subject: Add optional format attribute for quick at-a-glance review

I've added this to the proposed features in the wiki.

What if we put an optional attribute on XLIFF elements that match HTML elements? It would enable a quick "at-a-glance" HTML page to be created for review cycle. It would be important to specify that the attribute is not meant for round-tripping back into the original format.

I imagine this would be extended vs. core.

For example:

Have an optional format-style attribute to put on block and inline XLIFF elements that map to HTML, like this:

<group fs="html">

  <group fs="body">

    <trans-unit fs="div">

    </trans-unit>

    <trans-unit fs="div">

    . . .

    </trans-unit>

  </group>

</group>

A simple XSL like this:

<xsl:template match="node()|@*">

<xsl:copy>

</xsl:copy>

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="*" priority="2">

<xsl:element name="{@fs}">

  <xsl:apply-templates />

</xsl:element>

</xsl:template>

Could make a nice at-a-glance review page like this:

    . . .

For that matter, in the example above we could skip the group elements and fs attributes and let the processor assume they were implied.

Bryan Schnabel
Content Management Architect
Phone: 503.627.5282
www.tektronix.com