Subject: RE: [xliff] Groups - Event "XLIFF TC Call" added

Meeting minutes:

Present: Arle Lommel, Bryan Schnabel, Jung Ryoo, Shirley Coady, Victor Amaya, Tom Comerford, Helena Chapman, Fredrik Estreen, Paul Leahy, Steven Loomis, Lucia Morado Vazquez, Andrew Pimlot, Rodolfo Raya, Joachim Schurig, David Walters

Regrets: Yves Savourel, David Filip

Bryan moves to approve the minutes of previous minutes. Frederik seconds and there are no objections. Minutes approved.

Yves is not present but he sent a report of the activity of the Inline SC:

- We discussed <mrk> and overlapping issues.

- We discussed the case of non-clonable <pc> that overlaps

- The minutes are here: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-inline/201201/msg00001.html

Bryan said that Andrew is leaving SDL so he will not continue participating in the TC. Bryan thanked him for his participation so far.

David F. is not on the call so there is no report from the Promotion & Liaison SC.

Lucia presented the results of a survey on XLIFF support. The presentation will be discussed by the Promotion & Liaison SC and presented officially to the TC later.

Arle informed that there are various possible presentations about XLIFF that could be done in different conferences. The P&L SC is looking at them, like a presentation by David F. in Localization World.

Bryan informed that XLIFF Symposium III could be moved to North America, possibly to Seatle.

Rodolfo informed that the glossary proposal has been implemented in SVN. An initial draft is included in the PDF available in SVN.

Bryan presented his proposal for adding an attribute that helps formatting an XLIFF document using an XSL Stylesheet to generate HTML “previews”. Rodolfo mentioned that being it optional, there would be no objections. Arle says it would be useful, not just for preview but also for providing info about the structure. Fredrik says it could be useful but may require detailed specification. Steven also says it would be useful but providing an example XSL stylesheets would be important. Fredrik mentioned that formatting style information would be interesting and Bryan mentioned that it could be presented in a second (related) attribute.

Bryan informed that he checked with OASIS officials if it would be OK to have informal meetings with external groups, in preparation for a potential meeting with the Interoperability Now group.

Andrew explained that IN is working on two projects, one about a package format and a constrained version of XLIFF (XLIFF:doc) that uses custom extensions to constrain and limit the scope of what can be done with XLIFF 1.2.

The IN group wants to share their work on XLIFF:doc with this TC.

Rodolfo asked if IN plans to update their work to match what we have done with XLIFF 2.0. Andrew doesn’t have an answer, the IN group would have to reply.

Rodolfo mentioned that the call with IN group should happen at P&L SC level only. Bryan agreed.

Christian provided a link that may be useful: http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/pisa/slides/andrae.pdf

Rodolfo asked to conclude the discussion about bilingual/multilingual XLIFF in next meeting.

Meeting adjourned.

--
Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com
Maxprograms