Subject: Re: [xliff] Uniqueness of language pair

HI Yves,

I am in total agreement with you. My view is that, like with the topic of inline elements, this is an attempt to impose on XLIFF a sub-optimal solution for a specific proprietary problem. This is exactly the kind of request that derailed XLIFF 1.2 and lead to the problems that we currently have. XLIFF should be kept as simple as possible.

If you want to present various language translations then the answer is that you should aggregate multiple language XLIFF files in your application and not impose an unnecessary burden on XLIFF.

Best Regards,

Andrzej Zydroń

CTO

XTM International

Tel:         +44 (0) 1753 480 469
Fax:        +44 (0) 1753 480 465
Mob:       +44 (0) 7966 477 181
email:     azydron@xtm-intl.com
www:      http://www.xtm-intl.com
Skype:    zydron

the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you may not
delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not
message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification
is required please request a hard-copy version. Unless explicitly stated
otherwise this message is provided for informational purposes only and
should not be construed as a solicitation or offer.