Subject: RE: [xliff] Move to approve 'Add optional format attribute for quick at-a-glance review' as a feature for XLIFF 2.0

Hi Bryan,

I second your proposal. It will be nice to have information for visual representation of source / target text.

Rodolfo M. Raya       rmraya@maxprograms.com
Maxprograms
http://www.maxprograms.com

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Schnabel, Bryan S
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:55 PM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

(inspired by Yves proposing approval of an item via the list)

I propose that we approve Add optional format attribute for quick at-a-glance review (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/Feature/Add%20optional%20format%20attribute%20for%20quick%20at-a-glance%20review) as an approved feature for XLIFF 2.0.

Please note that I parsed the past meeting minutes to include the concerns and contributions drawn for meeting discussions on the topic. I added the recommendation for a  second optional attribute (only to be used when the *first* formatting attribute is in place) for formatting style information. And I added a requirement that a detailed specification will be required. And I added that we recommend an accompanying representation guide be published that will instruct on its use, and include a sample XSLT.

Does anybody second?

(I think the goal for starting this on the list is to have the motion for ballot, along with any commentary, on record prior to the meeting in order to get right to at the TC meeting)

Thanks,

Bryan Schnabel
Content Management Architect
Phone: 503.627.5282