Subject: RE: Optimizing our agenda for completing XLIFF 2.0

Hi Bryan,

I like this suggestion and think it will provide a useful structure to our meetings. I'm glad to see the 'estimate completion date' item, as this will let the TC determine if we are on track or not.

I would suggest that when requesting a completion date from individuals, we ask if they require any assistance in achieving their remaining work - thereby providing an opportunity for anyone with time constraints to share their load.

Additionally, it might be worth considering a time limit for the meeting agenda items. For example, administration should not really take more than 10 minutes of a call. Having rough time limits for other sections will give some guidance/set expectations for attendees.

Thanks,
Kevin.

-----Original Message-----
From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Schnabel, Bryan S
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:48 PM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

(tried to fix the formatting a little. I hope this helps.) ________________________________________
From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] on behalf of Schnabel, Bryan S [bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:41 PM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] Optimizing our agenda for completing XLIFF 2.0

Dear TC,

Since we've entered a new phase I think it's time we modify the agenda template. The template we used for most of 2012 was optimized for feature gathering. As you know, at the end of 2012 we finalized our set of features. Our new phase is to refine and finalize each feature. Toward that end, I'd like to see if we can optimize a new template to help feature owners share their progress, gather feedback from the TC, and finish their work.

I'd like to try something along these lines:

I Administration
 A. Role call
 B. Approve previous meeting minutes
 C. - - -

II XLIFF 2.0
 A. Review Approved Features in WIKI (https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking )
  1. Verify each marked "DONE" is done.
    a. Y/N "DONE" feature has complete entry for Spec and Schema?
    b. If No, remove the "DONE" status
  2. Assess each non "DONE"
    a. Verify owner has resources
    b. Estimate completion date
      i. Replace "DONE" field with est.-complete date

 B. Feature Spotlight (for features for this agenda item, prior to each meeting I will call for feature owners to alert me if they want their feature discussed by the TC. Only *volunteered* topics will appear in this section)
  1. (example 1) Length and Size restrictions https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking#XLIFF2.0.2BAC8-Feature.2BAC8-LengthandSizeRestrictions.A.28F35.29LengthandSizerestrictions
  2. (example 2) Native support for ITS https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF2.0/FeatureTracking#XLIFF2.0.2BAC8-Feature.2BAC8-ITSSupport.A.28C3.29NativesupportforITS

 C. Mailing List Summary (I will check the list for high traffic items)
  1. (example 1) Reference Language https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201301/msg00011.html
  2. (example 2) Change Track Module https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201301/msg00021.html

 D. Conformance criteria

 E. Charter

III Sub Committee Reports

IV Current Business

V New Business

I think most of our work will be in A., B., and C., in the XLIFF 2.0 section. My thinking is we will enter each meeting with structure and flexibility. I am also trying to optimize for hitting a calendar date.

Please let me know what you think. Comments and suggestions are welcomed.