Subject: D17 - Criteria for Core vs. Module - Status

The definition of Core versus Module was voted on and accepted at the December 6, 2011 meeting (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201112/msg00012.html )

The latest working draft of XLIFF 2.0 (xliff-core.pdf) contains the definition in section 1.1.3, Key concepts.

So this feature is DONE.

With respect to section 2.2.1, Tree Structure, I would suggest that this diagram should only contain the core elements.  Mixing module elements with the core elements in this diagram will become very confusing as we accept more and more modules.  The number of module elements will far exceed the number of core elements, making it more difficult for users to determine what they must support versus what is optional.  Each module description could then contain a similar diagram which includes the elements for that module added to the core elements.

David

Corporate Globalization Tool Development
EMail:  waltersd@us.ibm.com
Phone: (507) 253-7278,   T/L:553-7278,   Fax: (507) 253-1721

CHKPII:                    http://w3-03.ibm.com/globalization/page/2011
TM file formats:     http://w3-03.ibm.com/globalization/page/2083
TM markups:         http://w3-03.ibm.com/globalization/page/2071