Subject: Re: [xliff] RE: a future use for XLIFF?

I think this is a good use case  that I would call

dev-English->proper-English

dev-languageX->proper-langaugeX

But IMHO this use case is well covered with the current spec.
It can be done in full compliance, as BCP 47 allows for usage of private language tags.
And this really IS a source & target situation. You actually do not need to add anything, because it is a separate roundtrip that does not have specific feature requirements.

However there is a similar but different group of use cases that LRC/SOLAS has been trying to push, which is attractive mainly for companies who have their whole resource cycle in XLIFF such as Oracle. BTW XLIFF as full content life-cycle format was one of 2.0 considered features, proposed by Christian, but dropped because we failed to find a champion for it after Christian left the TC.

I see two main use cases in this group

1) Source pre-editing for MT
2) Continuous source quality assurance as part of the full XLIFF content cycle

And this I think would need a module to allow for it in an interoperable way

Cheers