Subject: RE: [xliff] Problems validating XLIFF files with 2.0 schemas

Tom,

I need to add a detail to Yves' comment. The validation problems are also caused by a typo in the change track schema. Its @type is set to xlf:appliesTo. This causes a validation error because xlf:appliesTo is restricted to source and target*. While appliesTo in the context of the change track module can apply to essentially any element**.

So I think you just need to change the change track schema from

<xs:attribute name="appliesTo" use="required" type="xlf:appliesTo"/>
<xs:attribute name="appliesTo" use="required" />

Otherwise the change track example would not be valid:

<revisions appliesTo="note" nid="n1" currentVersion="r1">

*   2.3.1.1 appliesTo
    Comment target - indicates the element to what the content of the note applies.
    Value description: source or target.

** G.1.3.1 appliesTo
    appliesTo – Indicates a specific XLIFF element which is a sibling, or a child of a sibling element, to the change         track module within the scope of the enclosing element.
    Value description: Any valid XLIFF element which is a sibling, or a child of a sibling element, to the change track
    module within the scope of the enclosing element.