Subject: FW: [xliff-comment] csprd03 - resourceData occurrences

Hi all,

I've spoken to Ryan and company on this.

I propose that in the Constraints section of "4.2.2.2 file," we change "- Zero, one or more <res:resourceData> elements" to "- Zero or one <res:resourceData> element"

If I do not hear dissent by Monday, 17 February, I will assume the TC approves the proposal.

From: Yves Savourel [mailto:yves@opentag.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 5:48 AM
To: xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff-comment] csprd03 - resourceData occurences

The specification states that a <file> element can have "Zero, one *or more* <res:resourceData> elements" and the <unit> element can have "Zero or one <res:resourceData> elements".

It is inconsistent.

I believe originally <res:resourceData> was allowed more than once in <unit> as well. And that was changed because <res:resourceData> doesn't have any attributes and therefore having more than one is pointless. So <file> should probably allow no more than one, like <unit>.

This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC.