Subject: need to withdraw from the 4th public review?

Hello all,

I have a bad news WRT publication of the 4th Public Review.

Jano Husarčík from Moravia tested the new Schematron rule for non-reorderable sequences of codes and it transpires that the rule is now too strong. It also reports errors on some or most valid non-reorderable sentences.

Apologies for the bad project management, these tests should have of course been performed before our ballot earlier this week.

We can withdraw from the review by a full majority vote.

I believe that this is the most prudent thing to do at the moment.
If this proposal is seconded, I can set up the withdrawal ballot. which will run for 7 days. We will spend the time until the meeting of 16th May by testing the rules and also verifying of rules coverage to avoid similar disappointments in the future.

I will need to check with Chet if the next review will be considered 4th or 5th, but the bottom line is, I believe, we don't want to start this public review knowing that there is a material flaw in the core Schematron.

*Looking for opinions and/or seconding of the withdrawal ballot.*

The proposed ballot:

Title:
Withdraw the current XLIFF 2.1 draft from the 4th Public Review

Question:
Do you approve that csd04/scprd04 version of XLIFF Version 2.1 approved in the TC meeting on 2nd May be withdrawn from public review?

Full majority vote to withdraw from the currently requested public review..

Ballot Options: Yes, No, Abstain

Thanks

OASIS XLIFF OMOS TC Chair
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, Liaison Officer
Spokes Research Fellow
ADAPT Centre
KDEG, Trinity College Dublin
Mobile: +420-777-218-122