xri-comment message

Subject: [xri-comment] New TC XRI

Hi Gabe,

I have been seeing you on the #topicmaps@ irc.openprojects.net  for some
days now and wondered who you were :)

For this committee your objective to "...define a URI scheme and a
corresponding URN namespace for distributed directory services that enable
the identification of resources (including people and organizations) and
the sharing of data across domains, enterprises, and applications"  has
some overlap with what we have been looking into the past year in the TM
Published Subjects TC which you seem to be aware of.

Of course there are differences in the approach, but it is good to take a
look at these differences. You also mentioned working with LDAP metadata
which is of interest to me too.

If you take a look at the recent paper that I presented at Extreme Markup
Languages 2002, you will have some idea of what I and the committee has
been working on and where there is some overlap between these committees, I
think.

<http://www.idealliance.org/papers/extreme02/html/2002/Nishikawa01/EML2002Nishikawa01-toc.html

The standards work that I have planned for 2003 is to work on  Published
Subjects for Geography and Languages (OASIS GeoLang Committee) and Review
and comment on the SC34 WG3 standards for Topic Maps for Japan, and
finalize the drafts of the Topic Maps Published subjects Requirements and
Recommendations.

As you can see, I am very busy, but I will subscribe to the lists to follow
what your group is doing and anyone here is welcome to stop by the channel.

Cheers,
Mary

Mary Y. Nishikawa,  EDMS Technical Advisor
Schlumberger K. K.
2-2-1 Fuchinobe
Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229-0006
Tel:  +81-42-759-5376
Fax: +81-42-759-3563

Eureka IT Community Web Technologies SIG Co-leader &
XML BB Manager, xmlbb@slb.com
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34 WG3 Japan
OASIS TM Pubsubj TC, GeoLang TC, XMLVoc TC