xri-comment message

Subject: Re: [xri-comment] XRD <uri> vs. Link: anchor=

Ok I will rephrase the questions. Why would a machine readable format for machine based information, require more than one language in its link element title? Any specific use case you have come across?

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:57 AM, Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com> wrote:

Re #1: not if we want it to express multiple titles, each with a different language.

I could not figure out what you were trying to say with the rest of your points.

EHL

From: Santosh Rajan [mailto:santrajan@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:06 AM
To: xri-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Right. In that case it would be better for XRD to specify a new separate field for language instead of multiple titles. And titles are generally considered as cardinality 0 or 1.

1) Can't the XRD specify a language field and avoid multiple titles?

2) Since when, machine readable formats, and machine based information, cannot figure out a language, if it weren't clearly specified?

3) So you are saying XRD speaks "machine language"?, XRD can't understand any other machine language other than your own? Are we going back to the stone age here?