xri-comment message

Subject: Comments on Extensible Resource Descriptor (XRD) Version 1.0 Working Draft 11

I've reviewed the XRD 1.0 spec and have the following issues:

1. Expires  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35678/xrd-1.0-wd11.html.#element.expires

  "This dateTime value indicates the time instant after which the
document is no longer valid."

  There is no explanation of what 'valid' means. I presume it is not
used in the context of XML, so
  it is not referring to XML validity. Should none of the information
in the XRD document be
  used after the expiration time? Or only the signed information?

  What is the relationship between XML validity and this expires
validity? That is, if I receive an
  XRD document that does not conform to the schema, obviously that
means it is XML invalid,
  but does that XML invalidity mean that the document is also invalid
in the 'expires' sense?

2. Link/@rel

   "This URI value defines the semantics of the relation between the
resource described by the
    XRD and the linked resource. The rel attribute is semantically and
syntactically equivalent
    to the Link Relation Types defined in [Web Linking]"

  This definition does not state whether Web Linking relations are valid to use
  in Link/@rel. It also gives no guidance if new Link/@rel values should be
  registered in the Web Linking relationship registry before being
used in Link/@rel.

   Thanks,
   -joe