Subject: RE: [xri-editors] XRI Editor's Call Thurs 11/4, 11:30AM Pacific

One of the things we need to do on the call is get volunteers to
research and draft various parts of the new spec. Below are quick notes
on the major sections that might help with the conversation today.

- I'd like to see a new section at the very beginning that shows a
practical example XRI all the way through resolution. Something like
=Bob converted to an email address, a personal home page and a preferred
IDP.

- Section 1 - Overview, design considerations, high level value prop,
glossary etc. Are we happy with this material in general? If so, it
probably just needs minor revision.

- Section 2.1 Line by line exposition of the ABNF. This needs a lot of
work since the ABNF has changed substantially.

- Section 2.2 Encoding and normal forms. This changes a fair amount now
that we rely on IRI and 2396bis.

- Section 2.3 Relative references. I hope most of this just goes away.
1.0 spec mostly talked about how relative reference resolution differed
between XRIs and URIs. Differences should be minimized with the current
syntax. Someone needs to review closely.

- Section 2.4 Normalization and comparison. This is pretty good. Someone
should review, but it doesn't look like it needs a lot of work.

- Section 3 Resolution. This is largely correct. Need to add proxied and
look ahead features. Should we consider adding trusted res while we're
at it?

- Section 4 Security. This could use some work

Appendix B Schema for XRID. Needs to be updated along with Section 3

Appendix C Converting HTTP URIs to XRIs. Review and update as necessary.

Dave

Pacific

> Due to a fire alarm at the Visa building, we're moving the 11am
telecon 30
> mins ahead, to 11:30AM Pacific. Same number.
>
> =Drummond

PT

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri-