Subject: Re: [xri-editors] further thinking on mustUnderstand

I think we DO want to make some (potentially) normative declarations on how
extensions to the schema should apply must[not]Understand.  I rather it be
clear how extensions should impliment this to provide a consistant extension
mechanism for others to work with.

one way to do this is to force extentions into theor own node in the heirarchy
(eg <extension> element... which is somewhat commonplace, but not uniformly
used).  this elemtn could carry must[not]Understand optional attribute, which
would clarify things... not sure we want that placement contraint here...
just a thought.

--- peterd