xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Minutes and Documents from Face-to-Face Meetings

I would really like to thank out loud Rajeev Maria for being a great
secretary and Lisa Doleschal (at Visa Intl) for helping me set up a great TC
meeting. Couldn't have done it without her.

I would like to draw everyone's attention to the section in the meeting
minutes on the 4th page titled "Scope".

We spent a fair amount of time coming to a consensus that the scope of the
TC is going to be limited to addressing/naming and resolution. The issue we
discussed in most detail was whether or not "Secure" resolution was in
scope.

As I understand it, and as is reflected in the minutes, we decided NOT to
commit to delivering a "secure resolution" specification, but we decided to
commit to performing an analysis (e.g. use cases, perhaps requirements) for
"secure resolution". "Plain" resolution (e.g. without security features)
WILL be specified by the TC.

In the eyes of some participants, this may seem like a significant reduction
in scope. Whether or not this is in fact a reduction of scope, it is clear
that by focusing on syntax and resolution, we have increased both the
chances of succeeding in getting this specification adopted, as well as
possibly seeing a much wider uptake of the work the TC produces. Another
side effect is that we may be able deliver useful product sooner.

I think most of us came out of the TC with a new sense of focus and clarity
on what the TC goals are, and a renewed energy to drive forward towards
completion.

Now we just have a lot of work to do.

	-Gabe