xri message

Subject: CANCELLED: Concall this thursday

For a variety of reasons, Drummond and I have decided to cancel this week's
concall. The next concall will be 2 weeks from this thursday at the normally
scheduled time (2pm PST, April 3, 2003). Geoffrey Strongin of AMD had
graciously offered to host the concall this week - much appreciated.

Reasons for cancellation include:

* The group of editors for the requirements document is very busy producing
content. There will probably not be anything to review much before a
concall.

* OASIS is "migrating" to a new system for the web site and the email lists
and this system is having major hiccups. At least one person has been unable
to post to the list, and I'm not confident that we'll be able to distribute
the agenda and any responses in a smooth manner before Thursday.

* We don't have enough items to justify the cost and time for a concall. We
realize that this time is inconvenient for many (most?) folks, so we don't
want to have a concall just to have a concall.

We *will* hopefully be producing a new version of the requirements (a first
"draft" status) and hopefully (!!) be able to distribute it this week
(perhaps through the new Oasis groupware on the oasis site). This version
has substantial new content and we'll be needing a great deal of feedback.

I appreciate the understanding about the late cancellation notice. If anyone
has concerns about this cancellation, please feel free to email me directly
at gwachob@visa.com

THANKS

	-Gabe