xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Additional Requirement - Anonymization

Seki,

Sorry, I missed this message when I was down at the XRI TC F2F meeting and
just noticed it now reviewing the list before tomorrow morning's call.

I certainly agree on the importance of this requirement. We do have one
candidate requirement that touches on Veronymity, Pseudonymity, and
Anonymity. However this is only in the scope of the XRI identifiers
themselves. With the overall scope tightening agreed on at the f2f (which
we'll discuss tomorrow), it is more likely to be a key requirement of a
followon TC that will be tacking data exchange using XRIs.

Thanks,

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Seki Tomonori [mailto:t2-seki@nri.co.jp]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 1:00 AM
To: Drummond Reed
Cc: Xri (xri@lists.oasis-open.org)
Subject: [xri] Additional Requirement - Anonymization

Dear Drummond,

I'm very sorry for sending the additional requirement even though
F2F meeting is just around the corner.
If possible, it would be great if you could add the requirement
regarding anonymization.

I found though XNS spec. describes anonymization, there is
no description regarding anonymization in the XRI requirements.

I believe that one of the great function of XNS is that it can technically
protect XNS IDs so that the third person cannot resolve real XNS ID
of his/her counterpart. I don't want to lose this feature by any means,
and believe that any digital identity architecture should have these
kind of function. And thus I would like to remind it again just for the
information.

Best regards,

Nomura Research Institute, T.Seki