xri message

Subject: [xri] Gentle Introduction to Topic Maps Published Subjects

I reviewed this article earlier and submitted some comments - but in
general, its a GREAT intro to the Topic Maps concept of Published Subjects -
similar in some ways to XNS's concept of general vocabulary. Note also that
it has some requirements for Published Subjects that might be really useful
in thinking about use cases for us. (In fact, I would suggest that a
Published Subjects registry/repository is a great use case). I would note
that while HTTP URIs are used in the examples in this document, XRIs (to me
at least) would be perhaps just as appropriate.

There is a comment list for the general public to send in comments
(tm-pubsubj-comment@lists.oasis-open.org)..

 http://www.ontopia.net/tmp/pubsubj-gentle-intro.htm

(and the most recent call for input is here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tm-pubsubj-comment/200303/msg00005.html
)

	-Gabe
 <<pubsubj-gentle-intro.url>>