xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Names for XRI URIs and URNs

Gabe,

I hear your pain.

I thought however that we had agreed to steer clear entirely of using the
word "name" in our work prefering instead "Permanent Identifier". According
to our glossary our term describes "An identifier that is permanently
assigned to a resource" and it was used in favour or the term "name" which
we felt was ambiquous.

Do URNs not conform to URI specifications anyway with the scheme part being
designated as urn: ?

...or have I turned over two pages in the script.

Marc