xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] FW: [chairs] status of mass doc import

Drummond and all--

Please forgive me, yet I cannot resist the urge to suggest strongly that while
it is a fine idea to call the OASIS pain point a modal use case, I really
believe there is a far more singular opportunity that ought to be recognized.
Which is to say, Karl has just pitched to the XRI TC a huge, fat softball that
could be hit out of the park as a home run -- so to speak.  But the home run
opportunity is not just to address the OASIS problem abstractly, intellectually,

semantically, technically, etc.  The home run is to take this issue on fully,
practically, pragmatically, politically, socially, and in every other way
necessary so that the pain is gone, the problem eliminated, and the solution is,

well, completely done.  Maybe I'm just completely wrong, and yet it seems
apparent that OASIS needs not a perfectly compelling analysis and description of

the solution to their problem, they need all of the messy and tricky real world
work done so that the problem is non-existent.  To me, that is the true
opportunity before us.

cheers,

Bill