xri message

Subject: doc uploads

Hi XRI TCers-

	I just uploaded a new draft of the requirements. Actually I uploaded
it twice (after noticing a  bug) and it sent out two links to the list. The
second one is what counts. I deleted the first "revision" since it would
cause confusion.

	Please review this document. Its still very much a work in progress,
but has significant new content. Its largely restructured as well. Content
has come from a number of contributors (Dave McAlpin, Davis McPherson,
Drummond Reed, Marc LeMaitre and yours truly) and we've already gotten some
input from other parties.

	I haven't decided exactly how we are going to manage feedback quite
yet -- that depends largely on how much feedback there is.

	Any and all input is welcome at this point. This document has grown
quite a bit, and there are significant areas which are far from complete, so
if someone has interest in contributing substantively, there are plenty of
opportunities!!!

	Looking forward to your input on form, content, presentation, etc.
We'll be releasing drafts fairly regularly (hopefully weekly or every other
week). I'm hoping this document moves ahead quickly. Our TC is not adding
much value through this document alone - we really need to get to the
addressing and resolution specs with all determined speed.

	-Gabe