xri message

Subject: Version enclosures

as indicated in the draft strawmanas an issue
xri://(http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/download.php/1614/xri-unified-strawman-draft-05.pdf)[:0.5#line122)

    "[ISSUE: Using parentheses for versioning complicates things since
parentheses are also used for
     cross-references.]"

I would like to suggest that we replace the "(",")" enclosure with "[]"
(square brace), as it is the most visually distinct character from "()".
This releases the ambiguity of the reader somewhat (knowing immediuately
whether one is referencing a version of an object or a reference to
it).  Important when one must make reference to an authority, rather
than a "copy" on other non-authoratative source.

appologies if this was intentially left for further discussion later.  I
have been a bit "unplugged" recently :-(

--- peterd