xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] TAG discussion of versioning in URIs

[Wow, I picked a lousy week to take off - post the issues list and watch
the threads fly! I'll post a few replies quick as I may be offline the
rest of the week. =Drummond]

I don't agree that versioning should not be part of the core syntax. I
know Mike and I have different perspectives on this, and that's fine
because it illustrates how much it is indeed a matter of perspective.
While Mike's perspective is that versioning syntax it's not warranted
for the additional complexity it adds, mine is just the opposite because
I've been focused on the use of metadata for automated data exchange.