xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Groups - xri-requirements-1.0-draft-05b.doc uploaded

First, let me note two reasons for posting v5b:

1) I found out from Marc Le Maitre this morning that leaving "Track
Changes" on screwed up the section numbering, so it makes it difficult
to talk about requirement numbers. Let's use v5b on the call today.

2) There was an MS Word cross-reference error (unfortunately not all
that uncommon) in 3.4.7 that needed fixing.

Please make any edits to this clean version after making sure "Track
Changes" is turned on.

I will review the key updates on the TC call this afternoon, but the
major areas to review are:

* Sections 2.1 - 2.3 of the Motivations section. These were rewritten
for the third time to reflect the consensus regarding terminology.

* Requirement 3.1.2 was rewritten to reflect the URN conformance topic
as discussed on the list.

* The original requirements section 3.3 was broken into the new sections
3.3 and 3.4 to reflect the clarifications in 2.2 and 2.3 about
persistence and HFIs/MFIs.

* 3.3.5 (Non-Resolvable Syntax) was added to reflect a requirement Marc
Le Maitre has surfaced from the Namespace committee of the U.S. XML.gov
working group.

* 3.4.6 (Internationalization) was edited to reflect Nat's input
regarding IRIs. We should discuss this on today's call.

* The Glossary was updated and all TO DO's in it were finished.

The only remaining TO DOs are a few entries in the informative glossary
and Appendix A (Acknowledgments).

Talk to everyone at 3pm PDT.

=Drummond