xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] FW: [Discuss-DOI] Announcement: The "info" URI scheme

Matthew-
	I'm having a hard time understanding the value of this effort. I would think that if you wanted to create an identifier space for dewey decimal numbers, you'd create a URI scheme for it. With the "info" proposal, you've effectively replaced the IANA as registrar for URI-compatible identifier schemes with NISO. That is, instead of registering a "dd" (dewey decimal) URI scheme, you register a "dd" info namespace. Same basic process, except that you have a different registrar.

	Is *this* the motivation? Is the info URI scheme motivated by the IETF's strong bias towards resolvable URI schemes?

	Thanks for giving me the background. I have to think about how this relates to XRI work as well.

	-Gabe