xri message

Subject: Update on 1.0 Gold Candidate and Upcoming Vote

XRI TC Members:

The XRI Editor's Subcommittee met for two hours last Thursday to close a
long list of minor issues in the 09 draft (now at 09k) and hand out task
assignments for completion of the 1.0 Gold Candidate. The schedule we
agreed to is as follows:

* The 1.0 Gold Candidate #1 will be posted by COB this Thursday, 11/6
(following an Editor's call at 3pm PT that day which anyone is welcome
to join). Although the spec is roughly 55 pages including all
appendicies, we strongly encourage a final proofing read-through by all
TC members. We will provide one week for this review period.

* If any proofing edits are necessary, 1.0 Gold Candidate #2 will be
posted prior to a TC call scheduled for 3pm PT on Thursday, 11/13. On
that call we will make the final decision to call for a vote. If there
is consensus, the vote will be posted immediately after the call.

* The vote will be open for one week, closing Thursday 11/20.

Note that all of the string of minor revisions to 09 (09x numbering) are
being posted to the Editor's SC and are openly available for review.
However the best version to review will be Gold Candidate #1 when it is
posted by COB Thursday, so please schedule time over the following week
to review it. Instructions for sending feedback will be posted with the
draft.

Thanks,

Drummond and Gabe